Monday, February 14, 2005

Welcome to my Little Experiment
posted by Ben

By which I mean "Welcome, my Little Experiment," therefore to imply that you, gentle reader, are the experiment. Not that I care a whit what you think about the whole deal, except insofar as your occasional comments might provide the impetus that I need to keep this whole thing going for anything longer than a week or two.

Nonetheless, this is meant to be the one place where I don't have to obsessively re-edit, refine, or reduct my thoughts and writings to fit the vagaries of (for instance) Hollywood screenstyle, marketing-talk, or, heaven forbid, commentary on Aristotle's freakin' poetics. Or if you prefer, this is a place where I can post musings and links concerning the political dramas of our time. (By this, I mean "Try to pull facts from the white noise of extremist political spin." In case you were wondering.) There will also be some random Apple Computer evangelism, thoughts about the future of technology, eulogies for our decaying environment, comments on new and old books, and unsubstantiated film rumors. And maybe even a thing or two about my own life. Who knows?

The point is that here I get to be entirely selfish, to focus on what interests me, and open my personal approach toward life to the criticism of random people who may hate me simply because they disagree with me. Fun, huh?